Dr. oec Benjamin Berghaus
c/o MATES Coworking
Freelance Lecturer, Researcher, and Consultant
January 2018 and ongoing
- Lecturing assignments for various universities (e.g., HSG, ESMT, RSM)
- Individual consulting projects in automotive, human resources, branding
Research Associate at the Institute of Marketing at University of St. Gallen (HSG) January 2011 – December 2017; key projects:
- Co-founder and Head of the Competence Center for Luxury Management
- Coordinator of multiple „Best Practice in Marketing“ management workshops
- Teaching marketing, management of luxury brands, and strategic management
- Initiation and lead of multiple initiatives and cultural change processes at the institute
Marketing Manager Business Development at Porsche Design
March 2007 – September 2010; key projects:
- Intl. pricing strategy for Porsche Design, sub-brands (concept and implementation)
- Sales planning for Porsche Design and sub-brands (concept and implementation)
- Online and direct sales strategy for Porsche Design (concept and implementation)
- Systematic sales concept for Porsche Design Driver‘s Selection (concept)
- Communication hub and incentive system for sales personnel (concept)
Doctorate in Management at University of St. Gallen (HSG)
August 2010 – February 2017
Marketing, prestigious brands, social status, employer branding, employer, and organisational behaviour; Title of dissertation: „Prestigious Employer Preference: The Theory, Measurement, and Consequences of Conspicuous Employment“
Master in International Information Management at University of Hildesheim
August 2003 – June 2007
Major: information sciences; Minors: management, political sciences; Specialisation: information retrieval systems; Title of thesis: „Entry vocabulary modules to optimise multilingual information retrieval systems“
- Member of the Jury of the Business Games St. Gallen (since 2017)
- Mentor in the mentoring program at University of St. Gallen (since 2017)
- Assessor and interviewer in the coaching program of HSG (since 2013)
- Member of the research council of HSG in chapter on „Culture and Change“ (2017)
- Organisation of initiative „Excellent teaching, excellent learning“ at HSG (2016)
- Pre-jury member at „Wings of Excellence“ at the St. Gallen Symposium (2012-2016)
- Liechtenstein (2017) – first working engagement as lecturer for strategic management at University of Liechtenstein
- Iran (2017) – first working engagement as lecturer for marketing as part of the executive education program of Rotterdam School of Management (in cooperation with Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran Polytechnic)
- Finland (2013-2017) – annually recurring engagement as lecturer for marketing as part of the executive education program at Hanken School of Management
- Switzerland (2010-2017) –employee and doctoral candidate at University of St. Gallen and lecturer for marketing in master, MBA, and executive education programs
- Czech Republic (2016) – first working engagement as lecturer for marketing as part of the master program at Technical University of Liberec
- France (2014) – first working engagement as lecturer for marketing as part of the MBA program at EM Lyon
- United States of America (2011) – participation in the Summer Programm in Quantitative Methods of Social Research (ICPSR) program as doctoral student at University of Michigan in Ann-Arbor for one month; 1997-1998 – junior high school year at Berkshire School in Sheffield, Massachusetts.
- Prestigious Employer Preference: The Theory, Measurement, and Consequences of Conspicuous Employment; Dissertation; self-published during the publication phase; submitted 2016.
- The Management of Luxury: A Practitioner’s Handbook; Edited volume together with Günter Müller-Stewens and Sven Reinecke as well as 48 authors; Publisher: Kogan; first appeared 2014, the second edition appears in 2018.
- Marketing Review St. Gallen: High-End Marketing, Business-to-Business & Luxury; Coordinated and edited in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Christian Belz; appeared as No. 5, 2016.
- Marketing Review St. Gallen: Luxury Brand Development; Coordinated and edited in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Sven Reinecke; appeared as No. 1, 2012.
- Journal of Business Research
- Journal of Product & Brand Management
- Luxury Research Journal
- Marketing Review St. Gallen.
- Berghaus, B., Mandl, T., Womser-Hacker, C., & Kluck, M. (2008, May). An entry vocabulary module for a political science test collection. In International Conference on Business Information Systems (pp. 1-11). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Heine, K., & Berghaus, B. (2014). Luxury goes digital: how to tackle the digital luxury brand–consumer touchpoints. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 5(3), 223-234.
- Berghaus, B., Bossard, C., & Baehni, L. L. (2015). Strategic foresight in the luxury industry: managerial perspectives. Luxury Research Journal, 1(1), 76-90.
- Batt, V., Berghaus, B., Bossard, C., Höchli, M., Looser, C., Nedeva, V., … & Wilke, S. (2017). Toward a Research Agenda in Luxury. In Luxusmarkenmanagement (pp. 547-570). Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden.